Who knew that in January as we solidifed our strategic plan for the year, that by April we would have bitten off much of our stated goal to increase our online outreach. Well thanks to the pandemic, Cuyahoga SWCD did just that. Staff very quickly were getting up to speed with Zoom, GO2webinar, and video editing tools so we could bring our content to residents while not being able to meet face to face.
While our staff certainly misses our in person rain barrel workshops and making chemical free home and lawn care products with residents, there are many benefits to be gained by having our workshops accessible online.
Just a few:
- You can watch our workshops anytime from anywhere as long as you have access to the internet and a streaming device.
- Most of our content is available to you free of cost.
- Perhaps you will tune into a topic you might not have, if offered in person and learn something new.
- You can share our content with a friend or neighbor and they don't have to wait a year before we are in their community again.
- No shirt, no shoes, no mask required to watch from the comfort of your home.
We invite you to join our staff and tune in to our virtual workshops.
Green Yards and Healthy Homes Learn about choices you can make in your house and yard to get away from chemical reliance while still having a beautiful and clean space.
Let the Flare See the Air Learn about tree care and why you should never never volcano mulch your tree!
Who We Are and What We Do Learn more about Cuyahoga SWCD and the services we offer.
Blog Author: Elizabeth Hiser, Watershed Program Manager