2014 proved to be another rewarding and exceptional year for the Euclid Creek Watershed Program. We partnered with West Creek Conservancy and Friends of Euclid Creek and protected a 12-acre site with sensitive wetland and stream habitat in Highland Heights with Clean Ohio funding. Other highlights include:
- A Euclid Eagle Scout candidate installed 4 monarch way station gardens at the Redstone Run Highland Preserve in Richmond Heights
- Volunteer Monitors sampled 6 sites, 48 times in 2014
- Conducted rigorous monitoring of the Wildwood Wetland and Stream Restoration project in its first official year getting established
- Storm Drain stenciled with Hawken students
- Held 4 rain barrel workshops, 2 green cleaning workshops, 2 Wildwood Wetland plantings, and 1 Stream Cleanup
- FOEC participated for first year in Great Lake Erie Boat Float Event and made boat out of recycled materials with Mayfield High School students and took on the waves of Lake Erie in the vessel
- Held first Day in the Life of Euclid Creek public monitoring demonstration day
- Enhanced 2 Beachwood rain gardens with Hilltop E.S. and Middle School students
- Euclid Creek display at 5 community events
- Euclid Creek Watershed Presentation to 3 community groups
- Friends of Euclid Creek monthly general meetings, Strategic Plan meetings & monthly board meetings: reported on Euclid Creek updates.
- Consolidated two program websites into new and much improved program website for all watershed information.
- Created a new and improved central website for the Watershed Program
- Euclid Creek Watershed Council communities of Mayfield Village and South Euclid, completed 2 demonstration green infrastructure projects with Ohio EPA funding.
931 volunteers contributed a total of 2,185 hours of time to the Watershed program in 2014, installing trees and native plants, pulling invasives, water quality monitoring, attending watershed meetings, tabling events.
This is a monetary value of $49,272 to the program!
We sincerely thank our volunteers, watershed program partners and you for your continued support of the program.
If you would like to see our program Annual Reports:
for the Euclid Creek Watershed Council Annual Report, click here
for the Public Involvement and Public Education Committee Annual Report, click here