Today is #WorldWaterDay, a day dedicated to celebrating the importance of water for our daily lives – from sustaining life to fishing to recreation.
Think of something you can do today to help our local waterways:
- recycle unused prescription medicine at a designated drop off location,
- sign up for a stream cleanup or an activity like 4 Miles 4 Water
- pick up some trash around the storm drain in front of your house so it doesn't end up in the creek,
- plan on planting 1 or more native plants in your garden this year,
- or take a walk along your favorite segment of stream and post a photo on our CSWCD Facebook page or Friends of Euclid Creek Facebook page!
- Consider volunteer water monitoring!
- support your local watershed group or if in Euclid Creek, support our hardworking Friends of Euclid Creek Group by participating in a meeting, event or by donating.
Blog Author: Claire Posius, Euclid Creek Watershed Coordinator