When: June 05 from 11:00am - 12:30pm
Where: Reese Park, Clague Road Bay Village, Ohio map this
Join the Bay Village Green Team in our monthly waterway cleanups in Bay Village waterways. We will be choosing a different location each month. This event will be at Reese Park on Clague Rd. to clean up the Sperry Creek as it runs through the public park. Meet at 11 am at the parking lot. Dress appropriately. Garbage bags, recycling bags, and a limited number of grabber tools will be provided. Please bring any gloves or other tools you wish to use. Invite your friends!Anyone is welcome to participate. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. A legal waiver will need to signed on the day of the event.REQUIRED ATTIRE:
Dress for the weather! Wear clothes that you do not mind getting muddy and/or wet and sandy. Tennis shoes or hiking boots are strongly recommended. No sandals or flip flops are permitted.
Register Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/642291733230420
Additional Rules for due to pandemic:
1. Everyone must fill out and sign a waiver to participate. Please print out and sign the waiver ahead of time. We will have a limited number of paper waivers to sign onsite, but are trying to reduce items that get passed between participants and volunteers. Waiver form available in PDF format here (and in link below): https://drive.google.com/.../1wm8E9TFhC2r7L2ybANn.../view...
3. Check in will include you verbally giving your name and cell number to a Green Team volunteer and placing your waiver in a bucket. When you are done volunteering for the afternoon, please check back in with the Green Team volunteer to check out. This will ensure that no one gets left behind who may require emergency assistance. If you do not check out, then we will call your cell number provided to make sure that you are safe.
4. Use the buddy system so that if someone is injured, another person can obtain help. No one should be venturing out alone.
5. The Green Team will provide garbage bags and a limited number of grabbers, but if you prefer, please bring your own garbage bags to lessen your risk.
6. Gloves and close-toed shoes are required and you will need to bring your own.7. Masks are required.8. If you are coughing or sneezing or feel at all sick, then we ask that you not participate in this event. We will have more opportunities to volunteer throughout the summer.
CANNOT MAKE IT, BUT STILL WANT TO HELP:
You can still help by picking up litter whenever you see it in your tree lawn or on your street.. An estimated 80% of trash in our waterways originates from land-based sources. Litter on our streets gets carried into storm sewers during rain events and travels directly into our streams and lake. This is because storm sewers are not filtered or screened before being discharged into waterways. A good time to look for trash in your street and tree lawn is when you collect your trash and recycling carts each week after they have been emptied. Oftentimes, wind will blow trash out of the carts during the automated emptying process.