When: May 22 from 10:00am - 1:00pm
Where: Blue Heron Brewery, 3227 Blue Heron Trce Medina, OH 44256 map this
Join the Rocky River Watershed Council, a citizen based nonprofit dedicated to protecting the Rocky River, for our second annual Bock for the Rock fundraiser at Blue Heron Brewery in Medina.
Want to help protect the river, learn something about your watershed, and have a lot of fun? Join experts from our Board of Directors on Sunday May 22nd for educational environmental stewardship workshops, then taste the offerings of one of the local breweries in our watershed.
Ticket proceeds help support the work of the RRWC and our partners in protecting and restoring the Rocky River. Every ticket includes:
- RRWC membership for 1 year (or renewal of current membership)
- Light lunch
- Beer tastings from Blue Heron Brewery's artisan beers
- Participating in two workshops in either the Stream Track or Plants & Habitat Track
Workshop tracks you can choose from (each workshop will be half an hour, and led our partners from state and local agencies):
- Macroinvertebrate sampling and how aquatic insects are a crucial part of the river ecosystem.
- Water quality monitoring: how is stream health measured and what does it tell us about the river?
Plants & Habitat Track:
- Identifying invasive species and proper tree planting. Learn how to tell which plants you should remove and how to replace them with a native tree or shrub.
- Citizen's Qualitative Habitat Evaluation Index: an introduction to how anyone can assess the quality of habitat in a stream for fish and aquatic life.
After your ticket purchase you will receive an email form to enroll yourself (or others in your group) in the workshop track of your choice.
Want to learn more about the Rocky River Watershed Council? Check out our website at www.myrockyriver.org
Want to sponsor this event and get your name out there as a partner in environmental restoration? Click here for information on the sponsorship package and become a sponsor.
Please note, while this event is open to all ages and family-friendly, only participants over 21 years of age may participate in beer tasting.